2012年11月29日星期四

Beijing: Zhenjue Temple



 Zhenjue Temple, also known as Wuta Temple, is the earliest Vajra throne pagoda in China. hidden in the Wutasi Street in the back of animal zoo, it is now the Beijing Museum of Stone Carving Art. Zhenjue Temple was a very splendid temple in ancient time, but now it is known by very little people, because the temple site has been vanished. Therefore, last time I visit the Beijing for 4 days, I did not even heard about it. In Oct, I join a Xian one day tour from beijing, in there I had visited the Big Wild Goose Pagoda which is built by a great monk Xuanzang in Tang Dynasty。

 It has been said that the Vajra throne pagoda was built according to the structure of India’s Buddhagaya temple and was built with white marble. There are four pagodas constructed like the one in Zhenjue Temple. The first one is Qingjing-Huacheng Pagoda in Huangsi Street, the second one is Biyun Temple in Xiangshan Hill, and the third one is Miaogao Pagoda in Yuquan Mount, and the last one is Zhenjue Pagoda.


It is said that the pagoda can be climbed up before, but it is now closed. Several years ago, when I walked here I had been to the top of the pagoda. In 1987, many stone inscriptions were moved here from different places in Beijing, then the themed museum of stone inscription was officially established in Beijing. In autumn, Zhenjue Temple is a good place for tea tasting and gossip. I have a wonderful trip during my xian tour.

没有评论:

发表评论