2012年11月30日星期五

Shanghai: Ancient Town of Qibao


Qibao is an ancient town which is nearest to downtown Shanghai. It is divided into north street and south street, with curio, scripts and paintings, handiworks and special snacks as their main characteristics respectively. Qibao ancient street is a place that I am familiar too well. My father has told me that my grandpa’s grandpa’s ancestors had lived in the Six Bridge region in Qibao for generations. Later, due to the expansion of the road, our ancestral residence was pulled down. After that, my grandparents moved to Xujiahui area, and my father was born and grow up there. When he was young, he had went back to Qibao twice to see some old relatives. But when it comes to my generation, no one has been back there.

Today’s Qiaobao ancient town sets in the Eighth Bridge area of the former one, where is near our old home. Perhaps because of an innate intimacy to Qibao ancient town, my family and I like to have a walk here or find a restaurant by water or have a taste of tea and chat in a small tea house. Sometimes, we would sucked into the delicious street snacks, all along from this side to another.

The Chinese Spring Festival is coming. Many friends are planing to travel in the holiday. If you join a Shanghai to Xian tour, then why not come to the ancient town of Qibao and have a taste of Chinese Lunar New Year? By the way, if you travel to Xian, Hui Street is a good place for you to enjoy the local favor snacks.

没有评论:

发表评论